This 4 hour course is an introduction to conducting a thorough investigation of an incident/accident or “near miss”. If an investigation is to be meaningful, it has to identify ALL causes and provide appropriate recommendations for corrective actions to either eliminate or control those causes.
Upon completion of this program you will be able to:
- Respond to an incident/accident properly and control the scene,
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation to determine the causes,
- Make appropriate, meaningful recommendations for corrective actions for ALL causes,
- Complete an accurate, useful investigation report, and
- Make recommendations for ways of improving your health, safety and environmental management approach.
All employers, supervisors and/or management and safety committee members would benefit and this program is best held in conjunction with the Hazard Assessment and Control program.