Level II is a 7 hour instructional program and this standardized program is recognized by industry regulators. The program is designed for any party supervising a ground disturbance, performing a ground disturbance or issuing and receiving ground disturbance permits. The program ensures participants are familiar with all the regulations and variances when a ground disturbance takes place. From the pre-planning stage to the actual dig, program topics include:
– clarify sources when searching for underground facilities
– provide notification to facility owner / receive owner notification
– approvals / crossing agreements / regulations / permits
– plot plan / site drawings / line locating / types of exposure
– back-fill inspection / reporting contact damage
– safe trenching, and
– emergency response plans.
In addition to a training manual, a handout is provided with applicable sections of the Alberta Pipeline Act, Alberta Pipeline Regulations and Alberta OHS Legislation. The EAPUOC booklet, titled “Guidelines for Working Near Buried Facilities” is also included.
A Global Training certificate, valid for three (3) years, will be issued upon successful completion of this course.